In May 2010, I was blessed with an early delivery of a beautiful princess named Marlie. At 36 weeks she arrived, and to our surprise the following day, we were told our baby girl had Down syndrome. I had no idea what that meant for her or us, but I was scared, and wondered how difficult her life would be and ours too. All the things she wouldn't be able to do, could she read and write and speak etc. Would I be a good mum and strong enough to face what our world will now look like. Marlie was my rainbow baby and honestly the universe knew that she was exactly who I needed in my life and to be her mummy. Boy was I wrong.
All those scary thoughts that run through your head are daunting. However, I am proud to say those very thoughts disappeared and Marlie was just what our family needed.
I am proud to be this sassy, smart, beautiful, independent little lady's mummy. She has taught me more about life than anyone ever could, or than I will ever teach her.
Written by Kathy, Marlie’s mum.

Comments
Post a Comment