I don't really know what I was worried about, but strange thought would creep in when I was watching your brothers with their friends and playing sport. I had these silly thoughts that you would not be able to enjoy things like this. Crazy I know, but they would come out of nowhere.
An army of friends with beautiful babes with Down Syndrome pushed those thoughts to the back of my mind and I was so grateful for that. Being able to see these gorgeous kids and speak with their Mums was such a good support for me.
You were very impatient and at 35 weeks, off to the hospital we went filled with worry because you were coming 5 weeks early. I was silently panicking about the growth of you lungs, how small you were going to be and if there would be any complications. I prayed that everything would be alright.
I needn't have worried, because you came into the world like a ROCKSTAR! Your lungs were amazingly strong and you filled the room with the most beautiful cry I've ever heard. The whole room erupted in cheers and clapping and it was one of the most amazing moments.
When I look at you and held you, the love was so strong. In my head I told you I would protect you and give you every opportunity I could.
I would try to make sure you would be able to participate in everything you had your heart set on.
All that worry 15 years ago was something I didn't have to go through. If only I knew then what I know now.
Darcy, you are an amazing young man that fills our home and our hearts with so much joy.
Your ability to know when someone needs a hug, a laugh, or a pat on the back is something I wish that everyone in the world had. The compassion you show for people, especially when they need it most, is such a beautiful part of you.
Your zest for life and the wonderful enjoyment you get from everything you do and try is infectious and I truly love it. You enjoy everything so much and with so much excitement...it's wonderful to watch.
One of my favourite things to do with you is to dress up and sing and dance our hearts away.
You have done some amazing things in your life so far and I can't wait to see the wonderful things that are yet to come.
I love the way you show people that anyone can do anything, and I love the lessons you teach us almost every day.
You give the saying "Give People A Chance and Watch Them Shine" real meaning and purpose, and teach people that it is okay to give everyone a chance.
We love you so very much Mr Darcy and we wouldn't change anything about you for the world.

Comments
Post a Comment