
Being pregnant with a child who has a possibility of having trisomy 21 can be very stressful it can also be the hardest part of having a child with T21. You have everyone making a judgment on your choices whether is doctors, midwifes, family, friends even work colleagues. The amount of times I heard people say they wouldn’t make the same decision as we did I couldn’t even count on my fingers. They don’t realise this actually hurts. It wasn’t all negative though majority of those close family and friends were supportive which I am grateful for everyday that we have these people in our lives.
Although we had a bit of a bumpy start with Jessica needed to stay in special care for 16 days to establish feeding things have been smooth sailing ever since. She is a little slower than neurotypical children but Jess smashes her milestones with great determination! Jessica is the best thing to happen to our little family. She has completed it perfectly. She is the little bright light that just gives so much love and happiness even when times are tough. Jessica loves dancing and requests her favourite song “better when I’m dancin’” by Meghan Trainor every single day so she can dance to it. She loves Paw Patrol, Bluey and The Wiggles, riding her bike, playing outside and cars.
Comments
Post a Comment