This week has been hard, I have been buried under paper work from this way and that, writing, ticking and pulling my hair out answering their questions about you. I have had to look at and write the bits that make our lives hard, to delve into the worst of it to prove that you need that extra bit of help. Because next year if we can get an aide, you can start school. I have been so focused on the how's and needs of just getting you to a place that you can attend school that only now as the forms dwindle away the realisation, excitement and anxiety of it all and just how grown up you are now is crashing down around me.
In a short few weeks time it will be the fifth anniversary of you arriving as a day early birthday present for me, our little girl stealing hearts with your sneaky smiles and bright eyes from day one. Our journey as a family began on a very different path then we had imagined but exactly the one we needed with you lighting our way.
This did not mean the path was smooth, straight or unhilly, it has undeniably had its hills, less than straight and bumpy moments but each one has been worth it, and we would do it all again every time just so we could spend it with you.
You have earned every milestone twice if not more over, every challenge we have faced and continue to face you take head on. You are wilful, rebellious, kind, creative, adventurous and shy, your love for your siblings can only be matched by your love for salami and cheese sandwiches. You are beautiful, amazing and have taught us so much.
I can promise you I will be the one crying more when you head off to school looking smart in your first school uniform, embarrass you, laugh with you, protect you, fill in every bit form, paper and essay I need to and help ensure you can take on the world just being you.
To my blessing Cassie, love mum
photo credit: Love, Gem
photo credit: Love, Gem

Comments
Post a Comment